Monday 15 April 2024

More Jekyll and Hyde goodies

Hi all, 


I’m putting together some key resources for Macbeth revision. I'll post these soon.  But in the meantime, here are a few more bits on Jekyll and Hyde:

 

My model essay of Good/Evil

My model essay on Hyde

My model essay on Utterson

Another teacher’s Utterson essay (he has a different take to me!)

 

Duality in Jekyll and Hyde (British Library article)

‘Navigating Jekyll and Hyde’s London’ – a useful article about context and methods

Jekyll and Hyde @ PMT Revision


To make it easy to see the past questions at-a-glance, I've summarised them below:


2016 (sample paper): Mr Hyde as a 'frightening outsider' (extract from Chapter 2)

2017: Sympathy for Dr Jekyll (extract from Chapter 7)

2018: How Stevenson creates 'mystery and tension' (Chapter 4)

2019: Hyde as 'inhuman and disturbing' (Chapter 8)

2020: Ideas about 'good and evil' (Chapter 10)

2021: Settings and atmosphere ('disturbing and threatening') (Chapter 10)

2022: Jekyll as a 'mysterious character' (Chapter 6)

2023: Hyde as a 'threatening and dangerous character' (Chapter 1)


Finally, I've written some questions based on things that have not yet come up. Here they are:


 

Hope these help!

 

Mr M

No comments:

Post a Comment